Blackmagic has unveiled its newest cinema camera, the Cinema Camera 6K, designed for high-end digital film production. This camera features a full-frame 6K sensor, making it the most affordable full-frame camera on the market.
According to Blackmagic Design, the Cinema Camera 6K produces precise skin tones and rich organic colors. The camera’s full-frame sensor provides deeper colors, higher image detail, and a wider dynamic range, allowing for stunning cinematic visuals. It supports a variety of film formats and aspect ratios, including a unique open gate 3:2 image that allows for reframing shots in post-production.
One of the standout features of this camera is its L-Mount, which accommodates full-frame sensors and is compatible with both new and vintage lenses. The camera also boasts 13 stops of dynamic range, preserving details in both bright and dark areas of an image.
The Cinema Camera 6K offers dual native ISO up to 25,600, minimizing grain or noise while maintaining the full dynamic range. It can shoot in standard resolutions and frame rates up to 6K, and still photos at 24.6 megapixels. Additionally, the camera records in Blackmagic RAW format, allowing for greater control in post-production.
The handheld design of the Cinema Camera 6K is based on the Pocket Cinema Camera platform, with a lightweight carbon fiber polycarbonate composite construction. It features a 5″ LCD for precise focus and controls conveniently located on a multifunction handgrip. The camera also includes a built-in CFexpress card recorder and a USB-C expansion port for external recorders.
With its high-end features and affordable price tag, the Blackmagic Cinema Camera 6K is set to revolutionize the world of independent filmmaking and offer filmmakers a powerful tool for creating cinematic content of the highest quality.
– Full-frame sensor: A sensor that is the same size as a 35mm film frame, allowing for higher image detail and a wider field of view.
– Dynamic range: The range of brightness levels that a camera can capture, from the brightest highlights to the darkest shadows.
– L-Mount: A lens mount designed to accommodate full-frame sensors and compatible with a wide range of lenses.
– Native ISO: The sensitivity of the camera sensor to light, optimized for specific lighting conditions without sacrificing image quality.
– Blackmagic RAW: A RAW video format developed by Blackmagic Design that provides greater flexibility and control in post-production.
– CFexpress: A high-speed storage media format used for recording high-resolution video.
– USB-C: A universal port standard that allows for fast data transfer and power delivery.
– Blackmagic Design